Project Manager – IT & Software
As a Project Manager, you will be involved in planning and leading the product development process, from brainstorming the next feature of our products which includes www.opendigits.co and www.knitpeople.com to running scrum meetings to ensure that features are deliver on time.
What will you do:
- Works independently and in collaboration with other project managers to support activities on projects.
- Managing risk logs, updates to schedules and deliverable dates. Leverages project management and system development life cycle best practices.
- Must be able to establish project objectives, validate and confirm acceptance, and hold team members/stakeholders accountable.
- Holds project and technical teams accountable for their project/sprint responsibilities and deliverables; proactively ensures that teams are "in sync" in terms of communication, schedules, issues, etc. Understands the escalation process and executes as appropriate.
- Ability to proactively communicate across teams and with business leads to understand deliverables, next steps and negotiate among stakeholders to drive to outcome.
- Ability to capture notes and actions from team meetings in a manner that illustrates accountability.
What we’re looking for:
- 2-4 years of progressively responsible experience managing a combination of business applications implementation, system integration, or business intelligence projects.
- Either a degree in Computer Science, Web Development or related discipline or the equivalent in relevant work experience.
- Understanding of Project Management and software development life cycle methodologies including waterfall and agile.
- Ability to pull out and summarize information, tailor communication style and content for different stakeholders.
- Experience coordinating cross-functional teams
- Proven experience managing projects/tasks
- A strong communicator who can work with remote teams
- Must be able to build relationships with remote stakeholders
- Possesses confidence with navigating an escalation process
- Experience assessing, organizing and managing priorities within an organization.